Sunday, October 14, 2007

3 - of mistakes

It was the night before yesterday, I was thinking about what to write next on the blog while driving home at around 2 am. Then it was last night at around 3 am, I was thinking again the same thing. The potential topics were jumping around like little kids, like us as we once used to be. Ducks under my window shared their sounds with the topic, as they never felt sorry about their mistakes probably.

In a particular social venue, last night, I was thinking about one of the fundamental commonalities of everyone. It was the right and will to make mistakes. By "mistakes", I confer to anything that we feel sorry about sometime later. I don't know how it goes for you but many times I regret about things that I don't do then the things that I do. Now it's any potential unrealized is what I call a mistake. Maybe the problem starts with being able to identify a potential. It's like soccer. If you don't know what to do when you get the ball, you never will cause there won't be any time for you to make that decision at the moment. Yet I am not talking about business. I am talking about something more important. Your life. Or maybe mine :)

Well, having said all these, I must admit I regret about so many chances that I haven't taken. However, it's not the number of mistakes that matters, it's the diameter of their influence in your life. Honestly I believe that people tend to respond more to the threats than opportunities. Say you are watching TV and then learn that you need to call the cable company right now or your subscription will be canceled instantly is a stronger motive than calling the same company for buying extra services. Well the example came from real life in fact. I don't know why I postpone paying the bills until I get fees. A very good habit that I suggest to everyone :)

Before coming to an end for this post, I'd like to finish with a quote from a legendary manager of Liverpool F.C. between 74' and 83', Bob Paisley,

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

As I am about the close the caption for this post, I remembered the actual topic I had in mind two nights ago, it's the balance...

No comments: