Saturday, April 5, 2008

55 - when you are away

I have very cool friends, did I ever tell you this? Probably not. But it's true. I have been far away from these people for some time by now. I know it's the same for many. That's why I'd like to talk about one of my friends in particular, who's in military (which is a mandatory service) right now.

This one's for you... He's my favourite host in Istanbul (whose living room is also known as my alternative bedroom). To have someone there when you need is a great thing. To have someone there when you don't need at all is a great thing as well. What makes both great is the person who is there.

Pics that are taken under harsh conditions reflect well in the expressions usually... Thinking about those of my friends, there is no such thing. Even in the worst environment (of course military is no joke and they are not doing stupid stuff ) that they can get into, they save their dignity - say they keep up with their styles. Their characters float the generic character that the uniform superimposes not the other way around. It's quite uncommon and I appreciate this solidness of their characters tremendously.
Some pics that I have could justify what I say right away. Yet I am not trying to prove anything but just waving to a close friend.

The person on the left is my friend Necati. I met him through the person this post is dedicated to, Mumtaz. And Necati is just amazing. See there are so many reasons why I say so many good things about Mumtaz.

I am sure it is important more than ever to have your friends think about you when you are far away. It is imperative for the soul to believe that being away doesn't erase memories of you among the people who knew you. So that one can imagine himself being back... So that he can justify the belief that he has a life, other than the one he found himself in through obligations. Keeping it together is very hard. Keeping it together in style is a reflection of some wonderful characteristic; embracing the life with love...

Anyway, he was like this always. Nothing surprising. A person with a set of qualities in a combination which makes you consider him sometimes weird, sometimes the coolest. I am sure you know what I am talking about. There is no such thing as perfect but he's great.

Let's catch up when we are both back...

ps: Probably I will get another "great! :)" comment. Thanks in advance.
ps2: Don't you think he looks civilized in the military? lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is much more than "great :)"..
to be honest I am jealous of Mumtaz because It is a big honor to have a friend as u..
"to thank" is unsufficent to indicate how much you make me happy from such a distance!

Aras said...

great :)

Aras said...

ah be Mumtaz, nasil yakalandin :(