Sunday, October 14, 2007

4 - of balance

When I think about balance, it instantly reminds me of a popular club in Istanbul and an assumingly stupid movie Balance and Maneuver.

Let's start again. This might be the most important subject that I am going to write about. And I assure you that I am not the right person to talk about it. If I was to record a chronicle of how I couldn't balance this and that, it would be tiresome for me and very boring for mankind :) Therefore I didn't. Interestingly my issue with balancing was always skewed in favor of useless habits or such. For instance I started with this blog and I am thinking about what to write here in times and places totally I should be focused on something else. (check post #3) Is it good in the end? Never! Another example? When I am with my friends, I forget about my family and likewise when I am with my family, I forget about my friends :) Now I wonder how do I not end up being stuck with one.

Anyway, in the end none is happy cause everyone thinks that I already spent so much time and energy in distant places. A quick note about myself, for 7 years by now I live away from my family and it's been 2 years already away from most of my good friends who probably will forget me anytime next year :)) And nobody can blame them. THAT'S THE POINT!

THE POINT:
When you live without balance, it's easy to find yourself giving up from the things that are most important for you. And when you are trying to gain everything, it's all that you lose.
-Now that's what I call a rock solid statement :) It's not poker and we are not betting on all the chips. By the way in between us this blog thing feels good, it helps to get together what you think. Still kinda weird though-

Where did we leave? Don't remember?

Let's start again. Shall we? This might be the most important subject that I am going to write about. And I assure you that I have a rigid plot for this post that I have to follow. Intro, body (with three paragraphs) and a conclusion. (Formulas, guidelines, procedures and the ways of doing things.)
It's pathetic to know that so many things in life works through formulas. That improves people's lives, helps them get the most out of whatever. It's a mechanic world, right! I guess that's a good cave to dwell into.

Back to the balance...
Balance is so important, every performer, whether a musician, an artist, a dancer, a sports figure or a circus person (the one who doesn't necessarily walk on the wire) has to have a strong feeling of it in order to make it right.
When I was taking dance courses, the first thing that I learned was how to balance your weight so that you can let your body do the next move. It's always the next move which follows the one at the moment. If you are balanced, the moves comes so smooth that watching people just remain in awe. If you are not balanced just learn how to cause it's one of the two phenomena which has an impact on almost everything, not in dance alone. Another example, get ready for this I am about to tie all my examples to football (Americans should read soccer), is from sports. In fact in every sport you have to balance your energy and not spend it all in the beginning. If you do that, you simply end up in the bench and no one that I know likes that :) "Pace yourself" is a good advice (or a principle) to stick to in life. When you decide on how fast you live then it probably gets easier to balance as well. I never bought it when I heard people telling me 24 hours is too short. Believe it or not it's not. You only can get the most out of it without a rush. Keyword is balance.

No comments: