Saturday, January 26, 2008

39 - my first day at the radio station

Back in the day...

I opened the door and was about to enter as I saw a girl who was preparing to leave. The faint light and the music was soft. She took a couple of minutes and then we stormed in. It was the first show that we were going to air in the college radio station, which was quite amateur anyway.

How many years ago, I cannot say right away. Means a long time... I have to subtract two 4 digit numbers and there it is, 7 years already. After this many years, I am glad that I still celebrate the friendship of those who were with me in that room, that day.

Murat placed the first CD in the machine, playing the intro for our show. Then it continued with a list of songs that were popular. Musty was there to steal the show with his enthusiasm and jokes. Ogulcan was laughing all the time and I cannot remember what I was doing at all. A very uplifted show that it was, I can only tell that.

We were announcing the songs spontaneously in a way you can expect from college kids. Unsurprisingly there was a serious stream of stupidity. And when it came to the song that I was to announce by myself, just upon persuading them to shut up for a few seconds, I blundered the title name and the group. Disaster! A very funny one for that day though.

It makes me smile when thinking about it today. Those days and the significance of them in the paths of ourselves...

The name of the show was 'Night and Day'
and the first title I announced was
'She's Miss California' by Dante Thomas (or the other way around!)

No comments: