Tuesday, November 6, 2007

13 - virtual vs real

The difference between virtual and real is my latest concern... I have real problems and virtual solutions lately. My car needs mechanic work, my homeland misses me a lot, I miss my family, I miss my friends, my contract with the apartment complex is due by the end of this month, thus gotta find somewhere else to live in, need money to do everything above and a job of course to get rid of the boredom. Actually getting a job is the problem node in the ropes. Thus the solution starts from it. Yet what I do is writing, helping out friends and spending endless hours on other things. Lately I feel very virtual. Sounds funny, doesn't it. Yet the only thing I learned from this experience is to keep the heads up and be non-dramatic. I tried the opposite and nothing changed!! Unbelievable!! My moral to myself came to be "real problems could not be solved by virtual efforts" How does it sound? It sounds very basic to me. I will congratulate myself for rediscovering America, not surprisingly for another occasion.

There is 23 days left for me to become homeless. I can hear Pink Floyd singing "Another brick on the road", if you never heard of it, it's a debut single honoring Besiktas JK's 8-0 defeat against Liverpool FC. Which by the way is a record in UEFA Champions' League history. Very inspiring... But sorry not for me, I am a supporter of BJK. Now it's too late to share and celebrate my two goals on Sunday's football game in a win where Andres surprised me and scored two as well. Now he is bound to do the same on Thursday if we don't want to end up just like my team. By the way can we?!

The best way to end, as if I know no other way, is quoting some people who needs other people do something. In this case, I give you Bum Phillips. American football coach that he is.
"How do you win? By getting average players to play good and good players to play great. That's how you win."
Before starting to play rugby just like Andres has been considering as a valid option for himself, I should get a job and untie the knot on all the ropes. Necessities define the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.