Monday, February 8, 2010

100 - My Favourite Reflection


In a familiar setting, this is my 100th post here. It was snowing outside an hour ago. It's been more than a year since the first reflection. Actually it was not too much of a reflection but rather like a stupid joke. No, don't worry I am not going to pick from the posts and pour a selection of what we have been through. Rather, it's quite interesting to me how it felt like more than 2 years has passed, contrary to real terms of time.. Many things have changed but to share the proud, I never thought of reaching a hundred. Looking back, I had some solid posts and my favourite reflection successfully served its purpose.. And this one is about success (of reaching a hundred) as follows...

Success is accomplishing what you have in mind - whether its having an orange juice in the morning or saving the planet. Planet or orange juice? Sounds like a nice question by the way.. Which one would you prefer, saving the oranges or drinking the juice? :) Many questions in the life seems to share the same dilemma but they are rarely easy to answer.

Let's talk about good things, like success. Success takes time. As a terrible "author" -as made available by a reader in a comment that this blog received- most of the times, I write extremely slow. Sometimes it happens fast. It is terrible because the first one results in unpublished drafts that are destined to be forgotten. But which one of the posts do you think would take such a serious thing as being forgotten easily? Simply none of them! So in that sense, I hereby prove the fallacy of democracy... Seriously... Think about it :)

Anyway, there were times I found what I wrote simply boring. But there were other times as well... And sometimes combining the elements posting felt like creating a marvel you happen to observe its birth. Essays might have their own life times like us. They have things to tell, like we do. They have reminiscences and wonder about their futures, just like we do. What is their success?

Sometimes I browse my blog randomly. It's easy with the shortcuts in the bottom. Surprising results! It's a little treasure chest with no pirates involved, at least for now. On January 11th, a nice note dropped in my e-mail box. A comment on the 63rd post, an anonymous reader wrote this: "Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!". I want to thank you for the comment that immediately made my day, and continued to do so in the rest of January, every day.

Lately, my posts are not as good. Probably because, a PhD program takes a lot of writing. Have I told you that I am terrible in writing? On the contrary, I miss my blog, more than you think. It grew into something essential, for that I don't find it fun to talk about with friends. It's serious and not so serious at the same time. Marco says, it's "serious fun" but I am not sure if that exactly matches. It could be "funny seriousity" as well (serious reader disregards this blog upon this term). Anyway, I should be writing other things now... As I should have been doing other things instead of reading blogs and surfing the web in the office when I had the initial drive for creating one. In fact, that need of search was the essence of my favourite reflection. The title is from a short animation in youtube and the title picture comes from the photographs I shot in New York. Virtual or real, we need to find our place. And ain't no place is fun all alone. That's why my dear fellow readers, I love reading other blogs as you do and I am glad that at least some of you found what I wrote interesting from time to time.

We walk randomly, then we come across the reflections of ourselves that we thought left in the paths behind...

Meanwhile everything continues taking time... This post is a dedication to January 2010, and an accomplishment in February 2010.

2 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th blog! Yes,you have some treasures in those 100 writings of yours, and even though I couldn´t manage to read all of them yet, I can say your blogs have gotten better by time.
keep writing..let us read your "funny seriousity" and find out something special about you. saved..