Wednesday, January 2, 2008

28 - Talking on - 1st post of New Year 2008

A start to 2008 in South Beach. Although it sounds fancy, the only thing good was the bright sun and the taste of ocean. January 1st.

I came back to where I live, Orlando, exhausted emotionally and monetarily. One thing I still possess is the hope to find a job. That was my New Year's resolution. I realized that even partying in a gorgeous place did not give me any pleasure. Not that I am a person who doesn't enjoy parties. But I realized how much I enjoy having a job; I mean working. It mesmerizes my understanding of the world...

Now that I sound extremely ridiculous, we can continue. Employment is located quite close to the heart of the existential aspect of living (for societies and some individuals). Not for its benefits; money or the social statue or anything like that. Not for any reason other than itself.

If you ask 100 people, most will admit that the sole reason behind why they work is money. As Barlas says, selling your time and skills, that's what it is. And I never liked selling anything of my own possession. So, being unemployed would make a lot of sense in my case, though underestimating the power of money.

Please take out Gucci and put on your Nietzsche glasses. Prepare to see... What you need, makes you weak... And recall what Darwin whispered to your ear, just before sleep well, fittest ones survive, the eclectic rule of natural selection... Thus, the mainstream reason for working is obsolete inside. If you need power, employment (and its benefits) is not the solution. It's an endless trade of your time and energy for something you have to justify (work) to make the end (money).

And exactly that's why you need expensive cars, big houses or at least the dream of it... To forget what you traded off... To forget the hidden weakness, now shading all over the persona.

What can you say, there has been enormous effort to build the hallucinative concept: Money is power, a constructed deception of first class. A collective illusion, captivating the imagination of almost everyone. Why? The truth is we need this concept. The majority of mankind does not like working. And there would be no gain without money. Consumerism is the solution found to sustain the progress of civilization. It's not ideal but neither we are.

Back to Miami resolutions, I like working. Itself alone is more valuable to me than what I thought. Maybe I will find a place to work, maybe I will not but my new year wish remains same anyhow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i googled "nietzsche glasses" because i said it in conversation and wondered if anyone else had a written record of using this phrase... or something.
that's why i read
your blog.
i liked your write,
but i don't nietzsche, so.... peace.