Wednesday, January 23, 2008

37 - where did we leave?

As a striker who scored 4 goals twice, I am very glad about it honestly. Well when the ending is happy, I happen to enjoy the story behind as well.

It was seriously cold that day... I was wearing my extra shirt under my jersey trying to keep a little bit warmer. Still, feeling the chill, it was clear to me that I was gonna get either severe cold or bronchitis kinda thing -in fact still I cough. Wondering about how many people we were going to miss on the squad, found out that the core was there.

A remark is necessary here. I always think that people who face the severity of the circumstances form better bonds compared to those who flee. And it is always more fun, as the relationships get stronger.

I was in the dark team. In fact I like the dark team more cause it's where I started back in the day. They are the opponents, the alternatives... I remember how hard it was to beat white team. Fast forwarding to three days ago, a satisfying challenge now, one which promises at least a potential to win. Of course thanks to talented players like myself, right ;)

How about my goals? I was really lucky, yes. Missed some positions when I should have hit the net clearly. They didn't work out. Because of my capacity? Maybe... Yet I scored the third goal right after missing one in a far less likely position. The last one was the last goal of the game and there were two players in front of the goal covering my angle. As I got the feeling, it still did happen though. Still the second goal was the one I liked most. Clearly I saw the net and was fast enough to shoot, with a decent power put in it, shaking the net eventually.

Throughout the game, before I scored the first, as I scored the last and all in between, I was enjoying myself, those who were playing with me that day over there and was passionate about it, truly. What a pleasure, you know!

There is a Portuguese phrase coming from Brazil which might describe a lot now.
Joga bonito! Play beautiful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.