Monday, February 25, 2008

49 - human quality

My personal values are based on many assumptions, beliefs and expectations. Yet among what I value, one phenomena appears to be like the moon in the dark night. It is the quality of humans...
And if you ask me whether the concept of quality applies to humans or not, I am most persuaded that it does. It's not a unique encounter to meet a person for the most people. However sometimes it is. If not exactly that is very close to what I mean.

In the bus you hop on, in the restaurant that you get served or you serve, in the school or in the national assembly, among the jury or in the grocery store... We come across people, not necessarily great. And many times we are not necessarily great ourselves. Or we are? The question is hidden in this question, I believe...

For many of us, there is no enough time to be non-egocentric to consider how much quality that we possess. It is related to our expectation, in fact; what we expect from others...

For instance today I talked to the head of a law office on the phone. Asking questions and receiving answers not even close to my concerns. Not that I don't know how to make a question clear, the person on the line was giving the answers of the questions that she expected from me.

Unfortunately this was not the first case. Many years before in the high school, I tend to notice that the answers are mistaken because of the questions that are mistakenly taken. And always, not many times - always, the answers belonged to the easy questions which made me realize how likely the people are to stock ready made answers to serve when the day comes.

Thus not much thought process available in the road to convenience. And convenience and peace are two concepts that is sought most by the common men. That's why and how, we created the societies filled with nonsense rules and regulations. Thoughtful people are few. And thoughtfulness is the very second quality in my book for any human being. Just after the aspiration to the good and the beautiful.

There are many more qualities as well, which could be found in any person on the earth without any significant signal of who bears them... (Of course everyone probably possess a certain amount of the qualities I speak of, but the depth varies invariably)

And as someone once said, writers have either readers or commentators. Obviously there are many reasons behind this separation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great:)